top of page

Market Research Group

Public·11 members

The SubwaySeinfeld : Season 3 Episode 13

In 2012, Paste Magazine named "The Subway" the 16th best episode of the series, citing it as a "great example of how Seinfeld can turn something as everyday and mundane as riding the subway into not one, but four hilarious stories.[2] In 2013, NYC & Company, New York City's official tourism organization, named it the "New Yorkiest" episode of the series.[3]

The SubwaySeinfeld : Season 3 Episode 13

Naked Man: I'm not ashamed of my body.Jerry: That's your problem. You should be.Woman on the train: See what I get? 35 years on this train, and I finally talk to someone, and it turns out to be the best man of a lesbian wedding!Jerry: (to the naked man) Tell you what, if they win the pennant this year, I'll sit naked with you at the World Series.Kramer: His mother was a mudder!George: Big brokerage houses killed my father.Scam Woman: Eight dollars? Eight dollars?George: What are you doing? You're robbing me?!Scam Woman: I wasted my whole morning on you for eight dollars?Elaine: No, no, no, you don't understand! I'm not a lesbian! I hate men, but I'm not a lesbian!George: I get the feeling when lesbians are looking at me, they're thinking, "that's why I'm not heterosexual."George: Looking for the quotes. Gotta check the quotes. Love a good quote.Notes and TriviaJulia Louis-Dreyfus was visibly pregnant at this time. Throughout this episode, Elaine carries a large present in front of her stomach, concealing Louis-Dreyfus' pregnancy. The bed which George is tied happens to be the same bed where Julia rested between takes.Ernie Sabella (the naked man) also worked with Jason Alexander (George) in "House Of Mouse".Elaine has several outbursts of profanity which were bleeped in the original and syndicated airings and remain bleeped in the DVD release.Kramer bets on a horse named "Papa-Nick." It is named after the show's key grip, Pete G. Papanickolas.This episode won the 1992 Emmy Award for Outstanding Individual Achievement in Editing for a Series - Multi-Camera Production.The race caller for the horse race on was well-known race caller Michael Wrona. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle []).push();GoofsJerry, George, Elaine and Kramer are riding together in a subway car which is clearly marked on the interior as a #5. However, when they step off the train, the exterior shot is of a #6 train.When the mugger is chasing Kramer on the subway, they go from a car marked as "1 South Ferry" to one marked as "4 Utica Avenue", and then to one marked "A 207th Avenue". These trains all run on different lines and would not be connected.CastJerry SeinfeldJerry SeinfeldJulia Louis-DreyfusElaine BenesMichael RichardsKramerJason AlexanderGeorge CostanzaErnie SabellaNaked ManBarbara StockScam WomanRhoda GemignaniWoman With ElaineMark Boone JuniorOTB PatronChris LattaThug (as Christopher Collins)Barry VigonHorse Player #1Joe RestivoHorse Player #2Daryl Keith RoachBlind Violinist /Chet NelsonKidLarry DavidSubway Announcer (voice) (uncredited)Peter MehlmanSmelly Passenger (uncredited)Dan StudneyMan fighting with Kramer over newspaper (uncredited)Jennifer Patrice WinterWoman on Subway with Elaine (uncredited)(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle []).push(); (function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m)function()[]).push(arguments),i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) )(window,document,'script',' -analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-72114028-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview'); Privacy Policy Website Terms of Service

14th Street StationW. 14th St. and Sixth Ave., New York, NEW YORK (map)nearest subway: 14th Street (F,M)An establishing shot during the episode shows a train pulling in to 14th Street Station on the IND Sixth Avenue Line. This station is accessible on the F or M lines.

Conceived by Jerry Seinfeld and Larry David to be a half-hour comedy that showed how a standup comic generated his material, Seinfeld started out humbly with the lowest first-season order in TV history and struggled in a bad timeslot for a couple of years. It eventually became a cultural landmark that dominated the ratings for almost a decade and is still enjoyed by fans to this day.

While fans are highly unlikely to get an official comeback show, there is one way to experience a reunion of sorts. Curb Your Enthusiasm season 9, featuring Seinfeld co-creator Larry David, has a running thread where he successfully gets the 90s cast back together. The season culminates in a finale where viewers finally get a slice of a Seinfeld reunion. So, with the probability of new shows near nil, rewatching old Seinfeld is the best fans got. As such, here is a list of episodes GameRant would suggest starting with.

As Jerry is preparing to wear the now-infamous puffy shirt that is currently on display at National Museum of American History, George is gearing up for a new job opportunity hand modeling. As the episode precedes, Georges tries his utmost to protect his new prize assets, only to fall short by burning his hands and ruining his new career.

The season 8 episode "The Susie" has two main narratives going on. In one, Elaine finds herself misnamed Susie by a coworker and has to figure out a way to make "Susie" disappear (of course, it's a lot easier said than done). At the same time, Kramer puts a bet on a basketball game in Jerry's name against returning character Mike.

Through a series of unfortunate events, Mike ends up thinking he's being shaken down for money he can't pay to Jerry as a result of the bet and ends up accusing Jerry of killing Susie. It sounds like a lot, but it's amazingly written and one of those episodes that is tied up neatly by the end of its short runtime.

The season 6 episode "The Switch" is so named because Jerry wants to "switch" his girlfriend with her roommate. He does this because his girlfriend never laughs at him (or even cracks a smile) but her roommate laughs at almost everything he says.

"The Calzone" is something of a comedy of errors. The season 7 episode begins with George getting his boss addicted to specialty calzones from one of his favorite restaurants, but in a twist, George ends up getting banned from that very restaurant when he is accused of stealing. To keep the calzones flowing, he enlists Kramer to help.

In an effort to preserve the arcade cabinet, and to stop anyone from taking his high score away from him, George buys the cabinet. He finds it much more difficult to move than he thought, considering it can't lose power or his high score would be erased, making for a tense and hilarious conclusion to the episode.

In the season 8 episode "The Nap" George takes a nap under his desk while his boss waits in the room to talk to him, Kramer chooses to swim in New York's East River instead of a crowded swimming pool, and Elaine and Jerry have different issues with people causing problems in their apartments.

It's an episode that truly doesn't come to any kind of meaningful conclusion, bringing a new definition to the "show about nothing". While each character hardly interacts with the others, it's a tightly written episode that explores what the characters do when away from each other.

This season 9 episode has drawn some controversy in recent years, as the B-plot of Jerry drugging his girlfriend, so he can play with her vintage toy collection has come to be viewed as an ominous allegory.

As an obsessive Seinfeld fan since my teenage years, the 20th anniversary of the finale made me wistful. How could it be so long ago so soon? Am I really as old as the characters on the show now? That in turn led me to revisit many of the episodes and then, in a scheme so crazy not even Kramer would have attempted it, to rank every single one.

The first of those occasions was centered around an episode titled "The Bet," which never made it to air. In the episode, Elaine (Julia Louis-Dreyfus) makes a bet with Jerry (Jerry Seinfeld) about how easy it would be for her to purchase a gun in New York. Once she has the gun, she jokingly points it at her head and then at her stomach, asking Jerry if he wants the Kennedy or the McKinley. After reading that scene, Louis-Dreyfus stated that she was not comfortable with the subject of the episode. Many people in the cast and crew agreed with her that gun safety, as well as the assassination of presidents, was not something that they should joke about. Although pre-production for the episode had already begun, the director decided that it would not be filmed at all.

This was not the only Seinfeld episode that was scrapped before airing. In the book Seinfeld Reference, author Dennis Bjorklund revealed that Charles had also pitched an episode in which George (Jason Alexander) says that he has never seen a Black person order a salad. The premise was rejected by NBC and the episode was ultimately scrapped. The feeling at the time was that Seinfeld was not the right space to make that joke because it featured an all-white cast, with very little African-American representation.

It is not uncommon for networks to pull controversial episodes from screening if they fear it might offend or alienate the audience. An episode about a school shooting in Buffy the Vampire Slayer was postponed, as it was scheduled to air shortly after the Columbine Massacre. Similarly, episodes of 30 Rock, Community and even Golden Girls were pulled from syndication due to depictions of blackface. 041b061a72

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...
bottom of page